Q. Do you approve or disapprove of the job <NAME> is doing as State Premier?
[Only asked in NSW, VIC, QLD, SA and WA]
|[Prior to Oct’21] Gladys Berejiklian
[Oct’21 onwards] Dominic Perrottet
- Approval of Dominic Perrottet among those in NSW is at 47%, however as he has just been in the job for a short period of time, there is a large number who are as yet unsure of him (25%). Last October, approval of Gladys Berejiklian was at 67%.
- Approval of Daniel Andrews among Victorians is at 52%, around the same level as last October (54%) but a drop from the level last November (65%).
- Approval of Steven Marshall among South Australians remains at 61%, around the same level as last November (60%).
- Approval of Annastacia Palaszczuk among Queenslanders and Mark McGowan among Western Australians remain at similar levels as last October at 66% and 82% respectively.
|Dominic Perrottet NSW||Daniel Andrews
- Nearly half (46%) of Western Australians strongly approve of the job Mark McGowan is doing as State Premier.
- About a quarter (26%) of Queenslanders strongly approve of the job Annastacia Palaszczuk is doing as State Premier.
- While 20% of Victorians strongly approve of the job Daniel Andrews is doing as State Premier, about a quarter (24%) strongly disapprove.
- A quarter (25%) of those in NSW are unsure about the job newly appointed State Premier Dominic Perrottet is doing.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation