Q. Which of the following occupations do you think provide good careers for young people?
|Computing and information technology||86%||6%||7%|
|Tourism and hospitality||72%||19%||9%|
|Banking and finance||70%||19%||10%|
The most favoured occupations for providing good careers were thought to be trades (88%), computing and IT (86%) and nursing (78%).
All occupations tested scored at least 70% except for retail at 54%.
Younger respondents (aged 18-35) tended to have a similar order of preference to the general population – their most favoured occupations were trades (78%), computing and IT (76%), teaching (68%) and nursing (67%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Top Federal Government priorities for 2021
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Perceptions of change in the standard of living for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Changing views towards Australia Day
- Support towards a separate national day