Q. Which of the following occupations do you think provide good careers for young people?
|Computing and information technology||86%||6%||7%|
|Tourism and hospitality||72%||19%||9%|
|Banking and finance||70%||19%||10%|
The most favoured occupations for providing good careers were thought to be trades (88%), computing and IT (86%) and nursing (78%).
All occupations tested scored at least 70% except for retail at 54%.
Younger respondents (aged 18-35) tended to have a similar order of preference to the general population – their most favoured occupations were trades (78%), computing and IT (76%), teaching (68%) and nursing (67%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months