Q. Now regardless of your present view of things, which federal party do you normally consider yourself closest to?
|Independent or other party||3%|
40% of those surveyed indicated the party they normally consider themselves closest to is Labor, 35% indicated Liberal/National, 6% Greens and 11% don’t know. Comments »
Q. Do you consider yourself a very strong supporter, a fairly strong or not a very strong supporter of that party?
|Total %||Party ID|
|Not very strong||22%||18%||19%||22%|
People that normally consider themselves Coalition supporters were slightly more likely than Labor supporters to indicate their party support as very strong (29% v 25%). 55% of Labor supporters and 60% of Greens supporters indicated their party support as fairly strong. Comments »
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people