If bought online in last 12 months –
Q. Which of the following products have you purchased on-line from Australian or overseas companies in last 12 months?
|Purchased from Australian companies||Purchased from overseas companies||Not purchased|
|Music and video||36%||19%||52%|
|Clothing and shoes||37%||18%||54%|
|Computers and computer accessories||35%||19%||55%|
|Wine and food||27%||4%||70%|
* Note – percentages are based on the respondents who said they bought online in the last 12 months.
Of those who had bought online, the most common purchases were books (50%), music and video (48%) clothing and shoes (46%) and computers and accessories (45%).
Respondents were more likely to buy products online from Australian companies – for most products, they were about twice as likely to buy from Australian companies as from overseas companies.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation