Q. Who would you trust most to deal with issues affecting the Australian banking industry – the Treasurer Wayne Swan and the Labor Party or the shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey and the Liberal Party?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Wayne Swan and the Labor Party||33%||69%||5%||52%|
|Joe Hockey and the Liberal Party||38%||5%||80%||13%|
38% have most trust in Joe Hockey and the Liberal Party to handle issues affecting the banking industry and 33% trust Wayne Swan and the Labor Party.
Those aged 55+ trust Joe Hockey more (47% to 35%) while those on incomes under $600pw trust Wayne Swan more (42% to 38%)
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation