Q. In response to the Covid-19 outbreak, what do you expect will happen to the restriction levels in your local area over the next two months?
|I expect restrictions will become tighter||15%||39%|
|I expect no change to the restrictions||43%||39%|
|I expect restrictions will have eased||42%||22%|
|I expect restrictions will become tighter||15%||19%||9%||20%||10%||9%|
|I expect no change to the restrictions||43%||46%||31%||48%||42%||53%|
|I expect restrictions will have eased||42%||35%||60%||32%||48%||38%|
- A general expectation of an easing of restrictions in the next two months suggests Australians feel the worst effects of the Covid-19 pandemic have passed. Just 15% think tighter restrictions will be required in the next two months and 42% expect an easing of restrictions.
- The expectation of easing restrictions is highest in Victoria (60%), as this state currently has the strictest requirements. The majority of this survey was completed before the announcement of the lock-down extension in Victoria on Sunday 6th
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation