Q. You may be aware that there is a special commission of inquiry into the docking of the Ruby Princess cruise ship during the Covid-19 outbreak. Many people were involved during the decision-making process, to varying degrees.
At the end of the day, who do you think is most responsible for the decision to dock the Ruby Princess?
|New South Wales Health public officials||25%||29%||22%||21%||26%||29%|
|The ship’s captain and medical officers||18%||18%||17%||12%||17%||23%|
|New South Wales Port Authority||13%||12%||14%||14%||14%||11%|
|Border Force officials||13%||14%||12%||14%||15%||10%|
|The individual passengers||5%||6%||5%||10%||4%||2%|
|No one person or group is to blame||26%||22%||29%||29%||24%||25%|
|Federal Voting Intention|
|New South Wales Health public officials||26%||27%||22%||25%|
|The ship’s captain and medical officers||14%||22%||16%||19%|
|New South Wales Port Authority||12%||14%||11%||16%|
|Border Force officials||15%||11%||15%||15%|
|The individual passengers||4%||6%||8%||4%|
|No one person or group is to blame||29%||20%||28%||21%|
- A quarter of participants say no one person or group is most responsible for the decision to dock the Ruby Princess (26%) but an equal amount (25%) say the New South Wales Health public officials are most responsible. One-fifth (18%) believe that the ship’s captain and medical officers are most responsible.
- Men (29%) and those over 55 years old (29%) are more likely to say New South Wales Health public officials are most responsible, compared to women (22%) and 18-34 (21%).
- Coalition voters are most likely to say the ship’s captain and medical officers are most responsible (22%) compared to other voters (16%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation