Q. Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has said he will introduce a Private Members Bill into Federal Parliament to overturn the Queensland Government’s Wild Rivers laws, which seek to prevent over development such as dams and mines from damaging unspoilt river systems. Mr Abbot claims the Wild Rivers laws deny Aboriginal landowners the opportunity to benefit economically from the land. Do you agree or disagree with the Wild Rivers laws?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
43% agree with the Queensland Government’s Wild Rivers laws and 21% disagree – and 36% don’t know.
Those most likely to agree are Greens voters (55%) and people on incomes over $1,000pw (48%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation