Q. Which of the following is closer to your personal views of the Covid-19 outbreak?
|There has been an over-reaction to the threat of Covid-19||15%||14%||13%||17%||18%||33%|
|The response to the threat of Covid-19 is about right||68%||63%||59%||46%||39%||39%|
|The threat of Covid-19 has been under-estimated||18%||24%||29%||37%||43%||28%|
|There has been an over-reaction to the threat of Covid-19||15%||18%||12%||21%||15%||10%|
|The response to the threat of Covid-19 is about right||68%||65%||70%||63%||67%||72%|
|The threat of Covid-19 has been under-estimated||18%||18%||18%||16%||18%||18%|
- Two-thirds of people (68%) now believe the reaction to the threat of Covid-19 has been about right, with the proportion saying that the threat has been underestimated decreasing for a fourth week to just 18%.
- 18-34 year olds are most likely to say that there has been an over-reaction to the threat of Covid-19 (21%) compared to those over 35 (12%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention