Q. Do you think the Independents in Federal Parliament that are supporting the Government should continue to support the Labor Government or should they switch their support to the Liberal/National coalition? (Question commissioned by Network Ten)
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Aged 18-34||Aged
|Continue to support Labor||43%||87%||6%||73%||43%||45%||39%|
|Switch support to the Liberals and Nationals||30%||1%||71%||6%||23%||29%||42%|
43% of respondents believed that the Independent MPs should continue to support the Labor Government and 30% thought they should switch their support to the coalition. 27% had no opinion either way.
Opinions closely followed voting intentions – and Greens voters overwhelmingly favoured continued support for the Government.
By age, younger voters tended to favour the independents continuing to support the Government while older voters were more likely to think they should switch.
Two Party Preferred: 14 May 2019
In this week's report:
- Government support for coal-fired power plants
- Attitudes towards coal
- Support for zero-carbon pollution target for 2050
- Type of volunteering engaged with
- Support for Government initiatives for volunteers
- Actions taken since Coronavirus outbreak
- Attitudes towards border protection and Coronavirus
- Attitudes towards mobile phone etiquette