Q. How satisfied are you with the following?
|Total satisfied||Total dissatisfied||Very satisfied||Satisfied||Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied||Dissatisfied||Very dissatisfied||Don’t know|
|The range of products available at major retailers||55%||14%||8%||47%||30%||12%||2%||2%|
|Prices of goods at major retailers||30%||34%||2%||28%||35%||26%||8%||2%|
|Quality of goods available at major retailers||46%||16%||4%||42%||36%||13%||3%||1%|
|Standard of service at major retailers||31%||36%||3%||28%||33%||24%||12%||1%|
Overall, respondents were satisfied with the range of products and quality of goods available at major retailers. Only 14% were dissatisfied with range of products and 16% with the quality of goods available. There were no major differences by demographics on these two issues
However, they were mixed opinions concerning process and standard of service. Older respondents were least satisfied with prices – 41% of under 35’s were satisfied compared to 24% of over 55’s. Customer service was more an issue for older respondents – 45% of over 55’s said they were dissatisfied and only 21% satisfied.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation