Q. Thinking about the oil rig off the Kimberley coast which has recently caught fire after leaking oil and gas into the ocean for 10 weeks – do agree or disagree that if the oil spill had occurred near an area like the Great Barrier Reef, the Federal Government would have done much more to prevent damage to the marine environment?
75% of people agree that the Federal Government should have done much more to prevent damage to the marine environment after the recent oil spill off the Kimberley coast.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation