Q. Do you think people of the same sex should or should not be allowed to marry?
|15 Nov 2010||14 Mar 2011||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Should be allowed to marry||53%||49%||54%||40%||78%|
|Should not be allowed to marry||36%||40%||36%||50%||16%|
Support for same-sex marriage has declined a little since this question was last asked in November. 49% (down 4%) agree people of the same sex should be allowed to marry and 40% (up 4%) disagree.
By gender – 43% of men support same sex marriage and 47% oppose, while 56% of women support and 34% oppose.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation