Q. The US Government is reportedly intending to lay charges against Julian Assange as head of Wikileaks. Should Julian Assange receive support and assistance from the Australian Government if he is charged with an offence by the US or another country?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Should receive support and assistance||50%||52%||50%||76%|
|Should not receive support and assistance||26%||29%||27%||14%|
50% believe that Julian Assange should receive support and assistance from the Australian Government if he is charged with an offence by the US or another country and 26% think he should not – 24% have no opinion. A majority of voters for each of the major parties believed that Government support should be given.
Two Party Preferred: 14 May 2019
In this week's report:
- Government support for coal-fired power plants
- Attitudes towards coal
- Support for zero-carbon pollution target for 2050
- Type of volunteering engaged with
- Support for Government initiatives for volunteers
- Actions taken since Coronavirus outbreak
- Attitudes towards border protection and Coronavirus
- Attitudes towards mobile phone etiquette