If SBS and the ABC don’t get a substantial increase in funding, their future is shaky, warns Nadine Flood.
The old media empires are being transformed by a new audience which doesn’t pay for its news. The News Corporation scandal in the UK is turning people away from newspapers. So what are the ramifications for public broadcasting?
CPSU’s Nadine Flood tells 3Q the role of the national broadcasters will be more important than ever. Investigative journalism and public accountability are at risk. But public funding must increase if they are to fulfil their roles and continue to innovate.
Two Party Preferred: 14 May 2019
In this week's report:
- Government support for coal-fired power plants
- Attitudes towards coal
- Support for zero-carbon pollution target for 2050
- Type of volunteering engaged with
- Support for Government initiatives for volunteers
- Actions taken since Coronavirus outbreak
- Attitudes towards border protection and Coronavirus
- Attitudes towards mobile phone etiquette