Q. Do you think there needs to be more competition between Australian banks or is there enough competition?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|There is enough competition||21%||21%||25%||13%|
|Needs to be more competition||68%||70%||68%||81%|
68% believe there needs to be more competition between banks and 21% think there is currently enough competition.
81% of Greens voters believe there needs to be more competition.
Younger respondents are a little more likely to think there is enough competition (27% of aged 18-34) while 76% of respondents aged 55+ think there should be more competition.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation