Here is the word cloud that will prick a thousand egos – and restore some reality to the debate about the future of the media.
In an era of celebrity journos building Twitter empires and media business models inspired by the porn industry, the truth is that very few members of the public have any idea who is writing or reporting their daily news.
That’s what Essential Research found while working with the Media Alliance’s Future of Journalism Project – when asked to name a journalist, the vast majority of respondents could come up with only one name: ‘Don’t Know’.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation