Q. Currently, on average, university students pay 42% of the full cost of their degree and the Government pays 58%. Do you think that students should pay more, should pay less or is the current share about right?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Should pay less||31%||37%||18%||63%||26%|
|Should pay more||20%||13%||34%||7%||24%|
|Current share about right||37%||41%||38%||24%||39%|
37% thought that the current share of students’ cost of education is about right. Those most likely to think this were ALP voters (41%) and those aged 55-64 (41%).
31% thought that students should pay less. Those most likely to think this were Greens voters (63%), those aged 18-24 (38%) and those aged 25-34 (38%).
20% thought that students should pay more. Those most likely to think this were Liberal/National voters (34%) and those aged 65+ (31%).
Two Party Preferred: 14 May 2019
In this week's report:
- Government support for coal-fired power plants
- Attitudes towards coal
- Support for zero-carbon pollution target for 2050
- Type of volunteering engaged with
- Support for Government initiatives for volunteers
- Actions taken since Coronavirus outbreak
- Attitudes towards border protection and Coronavirus
- Attitudes towards mobile phone etiquette