Q. Currently, on average, university students pay 42% of the full cost of their degree and the Government pays 58%. Do you think that students should pay more, should pay less or is the current share about right?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Should pay less||31%||37%||18%||63%||26%|
|Should pay more||20%||13%||34%||7%||24%|
|Current share about right||37%||41%||38%||24%||39%|
37% thought that the current share of students’ cost of education is about right. Those most likely to think this were ALP voters (41%) and those aged 55-64 (41%).
31% thought that students should pay less. Those most likely to think this were Greens voters (63%), those aged 18-24 (38%) and those aged 25-34 (38%).
20% thought that students should pay more. Those most likely to think this were Liberal/National voters (34%) and those aged 65+ (31%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Top Federal Government priorities for 2021
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Perceptions of change in the standard of living for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Changing views towards Australia Day
- Support towards a separate national day