Q. In the last two years, have you engaged in any of the following activities?
|TOTAL: Yes||Total||All respondents who have not been vaccinated and would be willing to get the Pfizer vaccine but not the AstraZeneca vaccine|
|Smoked cigarettes (manufactured or roll-your-own)||25%||26%|
|Taken recreational drugs||11%||12%|
|TOTAL: Drunk more than 10 standard drinks in a week or Drunk more than 4 standard drinks in a day||43%||43%|
|TOTAL: Read or sent a text message while driving or Driven without wearing a seatbelt or Ridden a bicycle on a road||34%||34%|
|TOTAL: Yes||Total||All females who have not been vaccinated and would be willing to get the Pfizer vaccine but not the AstraZeneca vaccine|
|Taken the birth control pill (oral contraceptive pill)||16%||20%|
|Base (n): All females||561||194|
- A notable proportion of people who are unwilling to receive the AstraZeneca vaccine still engage in ‘risky’ activities.
- In the past two years, 26% have smoked cigarettes, 43% have drunk alcohol over recommended limits, and 34% have engaged in risky behaviour when driving.
- 20% of women unwilling to receive the AstraZeneca vaccine (but are willing to receive Pfizer) have taken the birth control pill in the past two years.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention