Q. Do you approve or disapprove of the Government’s proposal to conduct a trial of mandatory pre-commitment for poker machines which will require gamblers to set limits on how much they can lose?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
58% said they approved the Government’s proposal to conduct a trial of mandatory pre-commitment for poker machines and 29% disapproved.
Labor voters (69%) and Greens voters (82%) showed high approval and Liberal/National voters were more likely to approve (49%) than disapprove (40%).
These figures indicate a slightly lower approval of the trial than for the introduction of mandatory commitment – last week’s survey showed 62% support and 25% opposition to the mandatory commitment proposal.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation