Ben Pearson says the move to sustainable cities may be expensive in the short term but will reap benefits for the future.
We live in one of the most urbanised nations on Earth, with the bulk of our population in our major cities.
While high density cities make us more efficient, innovative and engaged, the growth of cities is putting pressure on the environment, our health and our well being. So how do we make them more liveable and sustainable?
Ben Pearson from Greenpeace heads a 3Q discussion on future cities like Masdar City in Abu Dhabi.
He explains why we love city living and what needs to change to make it sustainable.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Better leadership during Covid-19 – PM vs state leader
- Attitudes towards Craig Kelly controversy and Scott Morrison’s leadership
- Views towards federal vs state government responsibility to manage Covid-19 hotel quarantine system