Ben Pearson says the move to sustainable cities may be expensive in the short term but will reap benefits for the future.
We live in one of the most urbanised nations on Earth, with the bulk of our population in our major cities.
While high density cities make us more efficient, innovative and engaged, the growth of cities is putting pressure on the environment, our health and our well being. So how do we make them more liveable and sustainable?
Ben Pearson from Greenpeace heads a 3Q discussion on future cities like Masdar City in Abu Dhabi.
He explains why we love city living and what needs to change to make it sustainable.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people