Q. Over the last few years, have your gas and/or electricity costs increased, decreased or stayed much the same?
|Increased a lot||
|Increased a moderate amount||
|Increased a little||
|Stayed about the same||
|Decreased a little||
|Decreased a moderate amount||
|Decreased a lot||
86% say their power costs have increased over the last few years including 45% who say their costs have increased a lot.
Those most likely to say their power costs have increased a lot were aged 45-54 (59%) and Liberal/National voters (50%).
There were no substantial differences across income groups.
88% of those with air conditioning or evaporative cooling said their power costs had increased including 47% who said they have increased a lot.
In comparison, 79% of those without air conditioning or evaporative cooling said their power costs had increased including 40% who said they have increased a lot.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation