Q. Which of the following decisions made by the Federal Labor Government since they were elected do you think is most important for Australia’s future? And which is second? And which is third?
|The mining tax on large profits||17%||18%||13%||48%|
|Addressing climate change with the carbon tax||19%||11%||13%||43%|
|Increase compulsory superannuation to 12%||17%||13%||12%||42%|
|Provide 18 weeks paid parental leave||7%||6%||7%||20%|
|Childcare rebate increased from 30% to 50%||4%||7%||6%||17%|
|Allow Labor politicians to have a conscience vote on same-sex marriage||4%||6%||5%||15%|
|Allow the export of uranium to India||4%||5%||4%||13%|
|Gambling reforms which require poker machine players to set a limit on losses.||3%||5%||5%||13%|
|Plain packaging for cigarettes||3%||4%||5%||12%|
|None of them||13%||3%||3%||13%|
The three most important decisions made by the Government were the mining tax, the carbon tax and the increase in compulsory superannuation.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation