Q. Do you think Australia benefits from being part of the Commonwealth of Nations (formerly known as the British Commonwealth)?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Total some/a lot of benefit||47%||47%||55%||38%|
|Benefits a lot||14%||13%||20%||3%|
|Benefits a little||19%||21%||18%||24%|
47% believed there is some or a lot of benefit in being part of the Commonwealth and 19% think there is no benefit.
Those most likely to think there is some/a lot of benefit were aged 65+ (64%) and Liberal/National voters (55%)
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation