Q. Thinking about the next 12 months, do you think 2021 will be a better or worse year than 2020 for each of the following?
Better than 2020
Worse than 2020
|No different to 2020|
- Australians are generally optimistic that 2021 will be better than 2020. People are expecting that 2021 will be a better year than 2020 for the nation (56%) and the economy (55%). Just under half (47%) think 2021 will be better for themselves personally.
- Australians are less optimistic that 2021 will be better than 2020 for the planet (37%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation