Ged Kearney says the union movement needs to emphasise its achievements rather than letting others focus on the negatives.
As the ACTU Congress meets this week, the HSU East and Craig Thomson affairs continue to dominate the political landscape.
But ACTU President Ged Kearney says Congress will be focusing on the future and the policies which make the work place — and society – fairer.
She tells 3Q that even though union membership has dropped, thousands of people join unions every year. With an increasingly casualised workforce, Kearney says unions are needed more than ever.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation