Q. Which of the following areas do you think is most important for the Government to address?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|More funding to schools and hospitals||28%||32%||26%||35%||21%|
|Supporting industries that create jobs||22%||19%||29%||13%||25%|
|Personal tax cuts||17%||16%||18%||11%||22%|
|Fully funding the NDIS||8%||11%||4%||11%||14%|
28% thought that more funding to schools and hospitals was the most important area for the Government to address, 22% nominated supporting industries that create jobs and 17% wanted personal tax cuts.
Labor (32%) and Greens (35%) voters were more likely to prefer more funding for schools and hospitals while 29% of Liberal National voters nominated supporting industries that create jobs.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people