Q. Do you think the Government should have more or less control of media ownership in Australia?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||NSW||Victoria|
|Should have more control||24%||29%||17%||38%||28%||22%|
|Should have less control||24%||17%||30%||30%||23%||29%|
|Has about the right control now||34%||38%||38%||18%||34%||34%|
Respondents were evenly divided over whether the Government should have more or less control of media ownership in Australia. 24% think they should have more control and 24% think they should have less – and 34% think they have about the right control.
Greens voters (38%) and Labor voters (29%) are more likely to think the Government should have more control and 30% of Liberal/National voters think they should have less control.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation