Q. James Packer recently bought a major shareholding in Channel 10. Should James Packer be allowed to become a major shareholder in Channel 10 while he is also a major shareholder in Foxtel?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Should be allowed||28%||27%||36%||18%|
|Should not be allowed||24%||27%||21%||29%|
Nearly half either don’t care or don’t know whether James Packer should be allowed to become a majority shareholder in Channel 10. Of those with an opinion, views are split 28% should be allowed and 24% should not. 36% of those on low incomes (under $600pw) think he should not be allowed. Comments »
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation