Professor Owler is a neurosurgeon and the face of the RTA’s “Choose Wisely” safety campaign. He is also a member of the NSW AMA Council.
He is Chair of the NSW AMA Hospital Practice Committee and a member of the Westmead Senior Clinical Council and the Westmead Medical Staff Council Executive.
Dr Brian Owler gives his reasons for fronting a road safety campaign and the next issues in his sights.
The AIDS awareness campaign was the first graphic public health campaign of its kind — the Grim Reaper playing ten pin bowling with children, parents and old people.
Since then there’s been dozens more, targeting everything from anti-smoking to domestic violence. Associate professor Brian Owler is the face of the RTA’s “Choose Wisely” campaign.
He rejects the suggestion that these ads constitute a “nanny state” agenda and tells 3Q why more needs to be done on issues like building and pool safety in order to protect children.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation