At last, Australian sport’s Great Rematch is upon us.
Is it the Collingwood vs St Kilda Grand Final Replay replay? No.
Anthony ‘The Man’ Mundine vs Danny Green? No.
Michelle Ford vs Tracy Wickham? No.
I’m talking about Craig Foster vs Ange Postecoglou.
For readers who may not be familiar with Round 1 of this epic contest, let me paint you a picture …
It is Remembrance Day, 11 November 2006. The Young Socceroos have just crashed out of the Asian Football Confederation Championships in the quarter finals, losing 2-1 to South Korea. By failing to make it through to the semi-finals, they have also failed to qualify for the Under 20 World Cup – to be played in Canada the following year.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people