Q. Over the past few weeks the Opposition has been raising concern about Energy Minister Angus Taylor, in regards to false information which was critical of the Sydney Lord Mayor.
Which of the following best describes your perspective on the issue?
|Total||Federal Voting Intention|
|The Prime Minister should have stood the Minister down from Cabinet||35%||47%||29%||42%||35%|
|The Prime Minster was right not to stand the Minister down from Cabinet||17%||11%||27%||13%||15%|
|I have not been following the issue||48%||42%||44%||45%||50%|
- Almost half of participants have not been following the issue between Angus Taylor the Sydney Lord Mayor (48%).
- Coalition voters are least likely to say that the PM should have stood the Minister down (29% versus 44% all other voters).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation