Q. Thinking about Gladys Berejiklian’s resignation as NSW Premier, which is closer to your view?
|Total||Gender||Age Group||Federal Voting Intention|
|Male||Female||18-34||35-54||55+||Labor||TOTAL: Coalition||Greens||TOTAL: Other|
|Gladys Berejiklian’s resignation as NSW Premier makes me more supportive of an independent federal anti-corruption body||47%||54%||40%||46%||44%||50%||59%||41%||56%||46%|
|Gladys Berejiklian’s resignation as NSW Premier makes me less supportive of an independent federal anti-corruption body||21%||21%||21%||25%||21%||18%||16%||31%||14%||26%|
- Overall, the resignation of Gladys Berejiklian has strengthened the support for a federal ICAC. 47% say they are now more supportive, with 21% less supportive and 32% unsure.
|NSW||All other states|
|Gladys Berejiklian’s resignation as NSW Premier makes me more supportive of an independent federal anti-corruption body||47%||48%||45%|
|Gladys Berejiklian’s resignation as NSW Premier makes me less supportive of an independent federal anti-corruption body||21%||29%||16%|
- While greater support for a federal ICAC due to Berejiklian’s resignation is consistent between NSW and other states (48% to 45%), opposition is higher in NSW (29% to 16%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention