Q. Thinking about the latest Covid-19 lockdown in your state, do you think your state government…?
[Asked only to those in NSW, VIC, and SA]
|locked down too harshly||11%||23%||6%|
|locked down at about the right level||39%||71%||85%|
|did not lock down hard enough||50%||6%||9%|
- Half (50%) of those in NSW think their state government did not lock down hard enough. 39% think their state government locked down at about the right level, and 11% think they locked down too harshly.
- In contrast, the majority of Victorians (71%) and South Australians (85%) think their state governments locked down at about the right level.
- 23% of Victorians think their state government locked down too harshly.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation