Q. Information released by health authorities suggests that Victoria’s Covid-19 outbreak started with breaches in hotel quarantine. Which of the following is closer to your view…?
|VICTORIA ONLY||Gender||Age group||Location|
|This is mostly about individuals being irresponsible, and the focus should be on forcing them to be more responsible||56%||52%||61%||62%||63%||46%||55%||62%|
|This is mostly about failures in the system, with jobs in the security industry being insecure and workers not being given enough training||44%||48%||39%||38%||37%||54%||45%||38%|
- More than half of Victorians believe the breaches in quarantine are mostly about individuals being irresponsible (56%) than failures in the system (44%).
- Women (61%) and 18-34 year olds (62%) are more likely to think this is about individuals, while men (48%) and those over 55 (54%) believe this is a systemic issue.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation