Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. How has the Covid-19 outbreak affected your views of the following people…?
|VICTORIA ONLY||Daniel Andrews||Scott Morrison|
|Much more favourable||24%||25%|
|A little more favourable||20%||33%|
|A little less favourable||10%||7%|
|Much less favourable||19%||8%|
|TOTAL: More favourable||44%||58%|
|TOTAL: Less favourable||29%||15%|
- 58% of Victorians say they now have a more favourable opinion of Scott Morrison due to the Covid-19 outbreak, while 44% say the same for Daniel Andrews.
- Victorians over 55 years old and capital city residents are more likely to say their opinion of Scott Morrison has become more favourable (65% and 60% respectively) than 18-34 year olds and non-capital city residents (51% and 49%).
- Victorians over 55 years old are more likely to have a less favourable opinion of Daniel Andrews (40%) than 18-34 year olds (19%).
- Perception of the State Government’s response to the Covid-19 outbreak is tied to perceptions of Daniel Andrews – those who say their state’s response is poor are more likely to say their opinion of Daniel Andrews is now less favourable, and vice versa.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Top Federal Government priorities for 2021
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Perceptions of change in the standard of living for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Changing views towards Australia Day
- Support towards a separate national day
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten budget Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention