Q. The Covid-19 vaccine rollout is underway in Australia.
Once a vaccine becomes available to you, how long would you wait before taking it?
|I’d get vaccinated as soon as possible / I’ve already been vaccinated||42%||47%||50%||42%||43%||56%|
|I’d get vaccinated, but wouldn’t do it straight away||42%||40%||40%||47%||46%||35%|
|I’d never get vaccinated||16%||12%||10%||11%||10%||8%|
- With the rocky start to the nationwide Covid-19 vaccine rollout, 42% of Australians now say they would get vaccinated as soon as possible or they’ve already been vaccinated. This is a drop from last month (47%) and a return to levels at the start of this year / end of last year.
- About the same proportion of people as last month say that would get vaccinated but not straight away (42%).
- 16% now say they would never get vaccinated, the highest proportion since first recording data in August last year.
|Total||Gender||Age Group||Federal Voting Intention|
|Male||Female||18-34||35-54||55+||Labor||TOTAL: Coalition||Greens||TOTAL: Other|
|I’d get vaccinated as soon as possible / I’ve already been vaccinated||42%||49%||36%||33%||39%||53%||43%||52%||33%||35%|
|I’d get vaccinated, but wouldn’t do it straight away||42%||40%||44%||44%||44%||38%||45%||39%||50%||33%|
|I’d never get vaccinated||16%||12%||20%||23%||17%||9%||13%||10%||17%||33%|
- Those most likely to get the vaccine immediately or already be vaccinated include men (49%) and those aged over 55 (53%) – however for the latter group this is a notable drop from last month (was 60%).
- Those voting for independent or minor parties are the most likely to say they would never get vaccinated (33%) – another significant increase since last month (20%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation