Q. The Covid-19 vaccine rollout has begun in Australia.
Once a vaccine becomes available to you, how long would you wait before taking it?
|I’d get vaccinated as soon as possible / I’ve already been vaccinated||47%||50%||42%||43%||56%|
|I’d get vaccinated, but wouldn’t do it straight away||40%||40%||47%||46%||35%|
|I’d never get vaccinated||12%||10%||11%||10%||8%|
- With the launch of the Covid-19 vaccine rollout underway nationwide, just under half (47%) now say they would get vaccinated as soon as possible – a slight dip from earlier in March but still noticeably higher than levels at the end of 2020 and at the start of this year.
- The same proportion of people as earlier in the month say that would get vaccinated but not straight away (40%).
- Just over 1 in 10 (12%) say that would never get vaccinated, consistent with levels seen in the last few months.
|Total||Gender||Age Group||Federal Voting Intention|
|Male||Female||18-34||35-54||55+||Labor||TOTAL: Coalition||Greens||TOTAL: Other|
|I’d get vaccinated as soon as possible / I’ve already been vaccinated||47%||51%||42%||33%||44%||60%||46%||55%||45%||42%|
|I’d get vaccinated, but wouldn’t do it straight away||40%||36%||43%||50%||38%||32%||42%||35%||42%||33%|
|I’d never get vaccinated||12%||9%||15%||16%||13%||7%||11%||8%||12%||20%|
- Those most likely to get the vaccine immediately include men (51%) and those aged over 55 (60%).
- Those voting for independent or minor parties are the most likely to say they would never get vaccinated (20%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal voting intention
- Leader attributes: Scott Morrison
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Reason those who would get vaccinated against Covid-19 have not been vaccinated yet
- Speed of NSW lockdown
- Time for Covid-19 milestones to occur for NSW