Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. Once a vaccine for Covid-19 becomes available in Australia, how long would you wait before taking it?
|I’d get vaccinated as soon as possible||42%||43%||56%|
|I’d get vaccinated, but wouldn’t do it straight away||47%||46%||35%|
|I’d never get vaccinated||11%||10%||8%|
|Total||Gender||Age Group||Federal Voting Intention|
|Male||Female||18-34||35-54||55+||Labor||TOTAL: Coalition||Greens||TOTAL: Other|
|I’d get vaccinated as soon as possible||42%||51%||34%||30%||42%||54%||48%||49%||34%||33%|
|I’d get vaccinated, but wouldn’t do it straight away||47%||38%||55%||57%||46%||39%||44%||44%||57%||42%|
|I’d never get vaccinated||11%||11%||11%||14%||13%||7%||8%||7%||9%||25%|
- Fewer people say they would get a Covid-19 vaccine immediately than mid last year. 42% would get a vaccine as soon as possible, down from 56% last August. 47% would get vaccinated, but just not straight away (up from 35% in August) and 11% say they would never get vaccinated.
- Those most likely to get the vaccine immediately include men (51%) and those aged over 55 (54%).
- Those voting for independent or minor parties are the most likely to say they would never get vaccinated (25%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Better leadership during Covid-19 – PM vs state leader
- Attitudes towards Craig Kelly controversy and Scott Morrison’s leadership
- Views towards federal vs state government responsibility to manage Covid-19 hotel quarantine system
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten budget Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party leadership Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention