Q. Once a vaccine for Covid-19 becomes available in Australia, how long would you wait before taking it?
|I’d get vaccinated as soon as possible||42%||43%||56%|
|I’d get vaccinated, but wouldn’t do it straight away||47%||46%||35%|
|I’d never get vaccinated||11%||10%||8%|
|Total||Gender||Age Group||Federal Voting Intention|
|Male||Female||18-34||35-54||55+||Labor||TOTAL: Coalition||Greens||TOTAL: Other|
|I’d get vaccinated as soon as possible||42%||51%||34%||30%||42%||54%||48%||49%||34%||33%|
|I’d get vaccinated, but wouldn’t do it straight away||47%||38%||55%||57%||46%||39%||44%||44%||57%||42%|
|I’d never get vaccinated||11%||11%||11%||14%||13%||7%||8%||7%||9%||25%|
- Fewer people say they would get a Covid-19 vaccine immediately than mid last year. 42% would get a vaccine as soon as possible, down from 56% last August. 47% would get vaccinated, but just not straight away (up from 35% in August) and 11% say they would never get vaccinated.
- Those most likely to get the vaccine immediately include men (51%) and those aged over 55 (54%).
- Those voting for independent or minor parties are the most likely to say they would never get vaccinated (25%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal voting intention
- Leader attributes: Scott Morrison
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Reason those who would get vaccinated against Covid-19 have not been vaccinated yet
- Speed of NSW lockdown
- Time for Covid-19 milestones to occur for NSW
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention