Q. Once a vaccine for Covid-19 becomes available in Australia, how long would you wait before taking it?
|I’d get vaccinated as soon as possible||43%||56%|
|I’d get vaccinated, but wouldn’t do it straight away||46%||35%|
|I’d never get vaccinated||10%||8%|
|Total||Gender||Age Group||Federal Voting Intention|
|Male||Female||18-34||35-54||55+||Labor||TOTAL: Coalition||Greens||TOTAL: Other|
|I’d get vaccinated as soon as possible||43%||53%||35%||35%||41%||53%||44%||48%||45%||42%|
|I’d get vaccinated, but wouldn’t do it straight away||46%||41%||51%||54%||48%||38%||52%||43%||44%||39%|
|I’d never get vaccinated||10%||6%||14%||11%||11%||9%||5%||8%||11%||19%|
- Fewer people say they would get a Covid-19 vaccine immediately than earlier in the year. 43% would get a vaccine as soon as possible, down from 56% in August. 46% would get vaccinated, but just not straight away (up from 35%) and 10% say they would never get vaccinated.
- Those most likely to get the vaccine immediately include men (53%), those aged over 55 (53%).
- Those voting for independent of minor parties are most likely to say they would never get a vaccine (19%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention