Q. Which party would you trust most to handle the economy if there was another Global Financial Crisis (GFC)?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|The Labor Party||27%||77%||3%||41%|
|The Liberal Party||43%||6%||86%||3%|
43% said they would trust the Liberal Party most to handle the economy if there was another GFC, 27% would trust the Labor Party most and 19% said there was no difference.
Those aged under 35 were more likely to think there was no difference (25%) while those aged 55+ were more likely to prefer the Liberal Party (54%)
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation