Q. If there is another Global Financial Crisis, which party would you trust most to deal with it?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|The Labor Party||31%||75%||4%||61%|
|The Liberal Party||40%||4%||82%||5%|
If there was another GFC, 40% would trust the Liberal Party more to handle it and 31% would trust the Labor Party more. When a similar question was asked last week, the results were 27% Labor/43% Liberal.
The only demographic groups trusting the Labor Party more were aged 18-24 (Labor 37%/Liberals 29%) and those earning less than $600pw (Labor 41%/Liberals 32%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation