Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. How much trust do you have in the following institutions and organisations?
|TOTAL: Trust||TOTAL: Low trust||Have a lot of trust||Have some trust||Have little trust||Have no trust at all||Unsure|
|State & federal health authorities||69%||25%||28%||41%||18%||7%||6%|
|Australia’s border security agencies||67%||26%||21%||46%||17%||8%||7%|
|Police, courts and the justice system||64%||30%||22%||42%||20%||9%||6%|
|State or territory government||60%||34%||23%||37%||23%||11%||6%|
|The Commonwealth public service||56%||36%||14%||41%||29%||7%||8%|
|News on commercial TV & radio||45%||49%||10%||35%||35%||14%||6%|
- Participants have most trust in state & federal health authorities (69%) and Australia’s border security agencies (67%).
- News on commercial TV & radio (45%) and print media (39%) are trusted by less than half of participants.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tax tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention