Q. How much trust do you have in the Federal Government to do what is right for Australia?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|A lot of trust||8%||6%||17%||2%||2%|
|Not much trust||32%||37%||25%||45%||34%|
|No trust at all||21%||18%||8%||28%||42%|
42% have a lot or some trust in the Government to do what is right for Australia and 53% have not much or no trust.
Those least likely to trust the Government were Greens voters (73% not much/no trust) and other voters (76%).
Those most likely to trust the Government were LNP voters (66% trust) and university educated (58%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation