Q. Thinking about the Australian troops in Afghanistan, do you think Australia should –
|25 Oct 10||21 Mar 11||Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Increase the number of troops in Afghanistan||10%||5%||6%||4%||8%||1%|
|Keep the same number of troops in Afghanistan||30%||30%||36%||37%||43%||25%|
|Withdraw our troops from Afghanistan||47%||56%||48%||49%||41%||65%|
42% think that the Australian troops in Afghanistan should be increased or maintained and 48% think Australia should withdraw its troops. This is a significant drop (-8%) in support for withdrawal since this question was last asked in March.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal voting intention
- Leader attributes: Scott Morrison
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Reason those who would get vaccinated against Covid-19 have not been vaccinated yet
- Speed of NSW lockdown
- Time for Covid-19 milestones to occur for NSW