Q. The new US President, Donald Trump, has announced the US will pull out of the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement between 12 Asia Pacific countries. Do you think Australia should pull out of the TPP or continue to negotiate an agreement without the US?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Australia should pull out of TPP||19%||22%||15%||30%||23%|
|Australia should negotiate an agreement without US||52%||52%||57%||53%||51%|
52% think that now that the US has pulled out of the TPP, Australia should continue to negotiate an agreement. 19% think Australia should now pull out of the TPP.
There was very little difference in views across demographics and voter groups.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation