Q. Tony Abbott has proposed to cut immigration from around 300,000 a year to 170,000? Do you approve or disapprove of this cut to immigration?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Liberal/ National||Vote Greens|
64% approve Tony Abbott’s proposal to cut immigration and 22% oppose. There is strong support for cutting immigration from Liberal/National voters (91%) – while Labor voters (52% approve/32% disapprove) and Greens voters (38%/49%) are split.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people