Q. What do you think Tony Abbott actually believes about climate change?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Does not believe in climate change||19%||28%||14%||34%|
|Does believe in climate change||27%||13%||46%||8%|
|Doesn’t care whether climate change is real or not||31%||48%||17%||42%|
31% of respondents think that Tony Abbott doesn’t care whether climate change is real or not, 27% think he believes in climate change and 19% think he doesn’t.
46% of Liberal/National voters think he believes in climate change compared to only 13% of Labor voters and 8% of Greens voters. 34% of Greens voters think he does not believe in climate change and 48% of Labor voters think he doesn’t care whether climate change is real or not.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation